- Owns the technology relationships up to CxO level & supports technology thought leadership.
- Being a member of the Architecture Committee in ONE to facilitate AC meetings with internal and external technical stakeholders and SMEs.
- Supports the solutions development and overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards in an engagement.
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading-edge technologies and how they can be leveraged.
- Develops POC(Proof Of Concepts) to evaluate new technologies and makes recommendations.
- Develops, enhances and enforces ONE(Ocean Network Express) system standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Designs and/or Proposes enhancements to improve the performance, availability, reliability and DR(Disaster Recovery) of the system architectures.
- Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence.
- Collaborates, consults and provides guidance to team members in other regions(KR,VN and etc) and remote locations.
- Also provides third level technical support to internal technical and business teams.
- Designs, coordinates and directs the detailed plan for installations and upgrades of IT Solution products and Software tools.
Primary Job Description
- Responsible for understanding ONE technical environment: Gathers business insights, and maps architecture and digital transformation solutions to the business outcomes
- Responsible for ONE Solution Introduction & Integration workflows: Leads IT Package Solution related initiatives in various business lanes across ONE
- Ensures architecture designs/deployments are optimal (in relation to the below),
1) Leverages and champions an existing architecture approach
2) Supports architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization
3) Helps to shape and enhance customers’ requirements
4) Identifies, escalates, and works to resolve technical blockers
5) Adapts methodology and applies governance(e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Cloud Adoption Framework)
6) Security baselines
- Responsible for Practice Development: Generates new ideas for changes and improvements to existing technologies, and processes. Drives Proof of Concepts
- Experience in Cloud solution primarily in GCP & other Cloud Venders
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of one or more topics: IT Solution Products, DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning, Serverless computing, Cloud Migration, Application Modernization, etc
- Knowledge of the Deep Understanding of Container Shipping Business to support ONE operational & analytic applications design like Salesforce, eCommerce, BI & etc.
- Knowledge of the latest technologies: Kubernetes, Kafka, MSA, AI/ML, or Real-time analytics solutions
- Knowledge of at least one or more development languages such as Java, Python, and Node.js
- Experiences in various architect community activities (e.g., Open source contributions, technical meetups, webcasts, blogs, hackathons) is an added advantage
- Passion for evangelizing and presenting technical concepts to SA, TA, DA & Engineers
- Desirable soft skills,
1) Good verbal and written communications skills
2) Able to work cohesively with the various teams
3) Show initiative and responsibility for the tasks under the ownership
4) Adaptive to changes
Position Qualifications and Experiences
1. Special Skills (Computer skills, quality knowledge, special programmes)
Google Cloud Platform / Microsoft Azure / Alicloud
2. Preferred Education
Bachelor’s degree in IT related major
3. Work Experience (years of experience in the industry and functional area)
Combined working experience in,
1) 14-15 years of related working experience in IT Solution Products, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
2) 9-10 years of related IT Architect working experience in the Shipping Industry.